Jam’n Music by Trisha Gagnon
Jam’n Music and Trish Gagnon
Since being awarded ‘World’s Best Raspberry Jam in Scotland, at The 2011 World Jampionships, my commitment to maintain the most flavorful jams and jellies has stayed true.
Jam’n Music Jams: The secret to my delicious jams is the fruit I grow, naturally, using organic methods. Then I hand pick each berry and make the jams and jellies in small batches with great care.
About now you might wonder what has music got to do with anything?
I am a Bluegrass and Folk Musician. In the last eighteen years I have been selling my Jam and Jelly while on tour with my band, John Reischman and The Jaybirds. You can find Jam’n Music at many Farmers’ Markets and Special Events throughout the lower mainland and Fraser Valley here in beautiful British Columbia year round.
Come on out to a Farmers’ Market and taste a jar of Jam’n Music.
Large $15.00 for a 500ml Jar and Small $ 6.00 for a 125ml Jar
- Apricot Jam: organic apricots, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Blackberry Jam: organic blackberries, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Black Currant Jam: organic black currents, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Blueberry Jam: organic blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Boysenberry Jam: organic boysenberries, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Cherry Jam: organic cherries, sugar, lemon juice, pectin
- Cranberry Jam: organic cranberries, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Cranberry Pear Jam: organic cranberries, organic pears, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Fig Jam: organic figs, sugar, lemon juice, pectin, coconut oil
- Ginger Pear Jam: organic ginger, organic pear, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Gooseberry Jam: organic gooseberries, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Green Gage Plum Jam: organic green gage plums, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Kiwi Lime Marmalade: organic kiwi, lime peel and juice, lemon peel, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Peach Jam: organic peaches, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Plum Jam: organic plums, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Raspberry Jam: organic raspberries, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Rhubarb Jam: organic rhubarb, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Strawberry Jam: organic strawberries, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Strawberry Rhubarb Jam: organic strawberries, organic rhubarb, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
Large $15.00 for a 500ml Jar and Small $ 6.00 for a 125ml Jar
- Apple Cinnamon Jelly: organic apples, cinnamon, sugar, pectin, lemon juice, coconut oil
- Crab Apple Jelly: organic crab apples, sugar, pectin, lemon juice, coconut oil
- Cranberry Jalapeno Pepper Jelly: organic cranberries and juice, jalapenos,chili flakes, cider vinegar, sugar, pectin
- Lavender & White Grape Jelly: organic white grapes, organic lavender extract, sugar, pectin, coconut oil
- Redcurrant Jelly: organic red currents, sugar, pectin, lemon juice, coconut oil
Sugar Free Jams:
$15.00 for a 500ml Jar and Small $ 6.00 for a 125ml Jar
- Apricot Sugar Free Jam: organic apricots, organic apple juice, honey, organic stevia, pectin
- Blackberry Sugar Free Jam: organic blackberries, organic apple juice, organic stevia, honey, pectin
- Black Currant Sugar Free Jam: organic black currants, organic apple juice, honey, organic stevia, pectin
- Blueberry Sugar Free Jam: organic blueberries, organic apple juice, honey, organic stevia, pectin
- Boysenberry Sugar Free Jam: organic boysenberries, organic apple juice, honey, organic stevia, pectin
- Ginger Pear Sugar Free Jam: organic pears, ginger, organic apple juice, honey, organic stevia, pectin
- Peach Sugar Free Jam: organic peaches, organic apple juice, honey, organic stevia, pectin
- Plum Sugar Free Jam: organic plums, organic apple juice, honey, organic stevia, pectin
- Raspberry Sugar Free Jam: organic raspberries, honey, organic stevia, organic apple juice, pectin
- Strawberry Sugar Free Jam: organic strawberries, organic apple juice, organic stevia, honey, pectin
$3.00 each or $15.00 per half dozen
- Buttermilk Biscuits: to Serve Warm: preheat oven to 350 degrees and warm for 7 to 10 minutes
White Buttermilk Biscuits: unbleached white flour,buttermilk, lemon juice, butter, salt, baking powder, baking soda
- Whole Grain Biscuits: whole grain whole wheat flour, unbleached white flour, buttermilk, butter, salt, baking powder, baking soda
- Spelt Oat Biscuits: organic whole grain stoneground spelt flour, whole grain oat flour, buttermilk, lemon juice, butter, salt, baking powder, baking soda
Trisha Gagnon’s Music
Sounds Like: Bluegrass, Folk, Gospel, Country
Influences: Alison Krauss, Bonnie Raitt, Mahaliah Jackson, Vince Gill, Ricky Skaggs
Live: On Tour with The Jaybirds: http://thejaybirds.com/gigs/
Fans who are familiar with Gagnon’s trademark optimistic and respectful songs—such as her lively original, “The Jaybird Song,” which was nominated as the Just Plain Folks Bluegrass Song of the Year in 2009—will be happy to know that Gagnon’s originals are the focus of her debut solo album “A Story About You And Me.”
One standout track on the album is “On My Way to You,” Trisha’s duet with Vince Gill. Trisha wrote the song upon returning home after a lengthy road trip with The Jaybirds. In it she offers listeners the perfume of spring lilacs and the palpable chill of British Columbia winter, truly transporting her audience to another place, another state of mind. The song is emblematic of Gagnon’s poetic sensibility and profound connection to her home, B.C.’s Fraser River Valley. In this song as well as others on the album, Trisha carries her listener to places of beauty, places of longing, places of wonder. Given close inspection, there is one thing that becomes clear about all of Trisha’s work: no matter where the songs might transport us, they all spring from one single source, and that is a place of great peace.
“A Story About You and Me” will be released in Fall of 2010, an appropriate season for Trisha’s fresh new role as solo artist. After her years of touring with the Jaybirds—a life she finds entirely satisfying—Gagnon recently realized she had amassed a collection of original compositions in need of a home. This realization happened about the same time that Trisha’s singer-songwriter sister, Cathy Anne McClintock, fulfilled the dream of recording a solo album. Seeing her sister achieve this dream inspired Gagnon to set about making her own record. Many musical friends lent their talents to the project, which features collaborations with award-winning musicians from the bluegrass, American roots, and country music worlds.
The core of “A Story About You and Me” was recorded at Music Hill, the Crockett, California studio of fellow Jaybird band mate, Jim Nunally. Each of The Jaybirds lends his instrumental and, in some cases, vocal skills to the effort: Greg Spatz on fiddle, Nick Hornbuckle on banjo, John Reishchman on mandolin, and Jim Nunally on guitar. The album also features collaborations with notable musicians including Shaun Cromwell, Tony Furtado, Rob Ickes, Vince Gill, Chris Jones, Laurie Lewis, Roger Gillespie, Keith Little, Kathy Kallick, Peter Rowan, and Cathy-Anne McClintock, with whom Gagnon sings one-of-a-kind sibling harmonies.
The careful listener might be able to pick out traces of Trisha’s musical influences on this album—she says “growing up I listened to my Mom’s music: Elvis, The Supremes, Carole King.” Later the songs of Led Zepplin, Mahalia Jackson, and Bonnie Raitt spoke to her. When she finally came to bluegrass, she says it was Vince Gill, Tony Rice, The Stanley Brothers, The Good ‘Ol Persons, Tim O’Brien, Alison Krauss, Peter Rowan and Laurie Lewis who most inspired her. “A Story About You and Me” sees Gagnon working alongside so many of her heroes, a gift for which she is truly grateful.
When she is not in the studio or on tour as the lone “bird” in John Reischman and the Jaybirds, Trisha can be found tending the acreage of her organic berry farm. The homemade jams she makes from her harvested berries are exceptional and available—when in supply—at her concerts. Trisha also tends to her hometown and the greater bluegrass community by teaching voice and instrument lessons at home and at music camps. She loves to share all she’s learned with her students in order to help inspire them to follow their own dreams.
Gagnon acknowledges the great support she has received from her band mates and collaborators on this project and throughout her career. She is especially grateful for the loving encouragement and friendship her husband Eddy has presented her with to follow her dreams for the past 26 years. She is thankful to have so many blessings in her life and is quick to say that with the Lord’s guidance and grace, this musical journey continues to be such a gift.
A Story About You and Me, (Trisha Gagnon, Peter Rowan, Cathy-Anne McClintock, Rob Ickes
12 Songs, 51 Minutes
1). A Story About You and Me (Trisha Gagnon & Shaun Cromwell) 4:42
2). A Parent’s Prayer (Trisha Gagnon, Cathy-Anne McClintock & John Reischman) 4:08
3). On My Way To You (featuring Vince Gill) (Trisha Gagnon, Vince Gill, Cathy-Anne McClintock & Rob Ickes) 4:52
4). Farewell (featuring Peter Rowan) (Trisha Gagnon, Peter Rowan, Cathy-Anne McClintock & Rob Ickes) 4:30
5). All I Want To Do (Trisha Gagnon, John Reischman, Jim Nunally & Nick Hornbuckle) 3:36
6). The River of Life (Trisha Gagnon, Cathy-Anne McClintock, Rob Ickes & Chris Jones) 4:37 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqIahXNXabg)
7). My Grandparents’ House (featuring Kathy Kallick) (Trisha Gagnon, Kathy Kallick & John Reischman) 4:21
8). Hummingbird (featuring Laurie Lewis) (Trisha Gagnon, Laurie Lewis & Keith Little) 3:14
9). The Legend of the Ghost Rider (Trisha Gagnon, Jim Nunally & John Reischman) 4:51
10). Deeper In Love (featuring Jim Nunally) (Trisha Gagnon & Jim Nunally) 2:43
11). When Am I Gonna Get Over You (featuring Shaun Cromwell) (Trisha Gagnon, Shaun Cromwell & Rob Ickes) 3:58
12). He’s Here With Me (Trisha Gagnon, Shaun Cromwell & Tony Furtado) 6:02
Released: Sep 21, 2010 ℗ 2010 Jam ‘n Music
Recording Locations: Dead Squirrel Productions Studios; Music Hill Studio, Crockett, CA; New Wine Studio, Apple Valley, CA; ResoTone Studios, Nashville, TN; The Schtood, Portland, OR Vince Gill’s Studio, Nashville, TN
“Originally the bassist for Vancouver’s Tumbleweed, Gangon’s been one of John Reischman’s Jaybirds for 10 years. This is her first solo effort featuring 11 self penned tunes and it’s a lovely, gently rocking set of inspired folk and bluegrass. “He’s Here With Me” is a strong testament for the avowed Christian – check Tony Furtado on bottle-neck guitar – while “A Story About You and Me” is about her happy marriage. And yes, that is Vince Gill doubling Gagnon’s vocals on “On My Way to You.” (https://theprovince.com/entertainment/music/trisha-gagnon-a-story-about-you-and-me-www-trishagagnon-com)
Buy or Stream: https://www.amazon.com/story-about-you-me/dp/B003ZW0MNA